Sunday, March 15, 2009

Slacker...

This week (and most of last) have been pretty slack for me. I've been up in Whistler working at the IBU Biathlon World Cup. It's been long days and besides a few runs up and down the mountain road, not alot of opportunity to train.

I was however, back in the city for a few days and got a follow up visit with the Natropath. We looked over my diet diary from the weeks before and he's suggested that I try removing wheat from my diet and gave me a few additional supplement. Iron and a fish oil to help with my sleep patterns. So far I'm supplementing with Iron, Vitamin D, Phosphatidylserine (PS), Fish Oil and a Bija sleep tea.

Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a natural phospholipid that is an essential component of cell membranes. Apparently is helps with "brain function"... whatever that means. So far I haven't seen too much of a difference, but I'm willing to give it a shot. The sleep tea is relaxing, but I'm not sure that it's all that much different than regular tea. Fish Oil is generally known for it's benefits with hair and skin, but it's been recommend for sleep function as well. It helps regulate your stress hormones to even out during sleep. So far I'm having a hard time remembering to take the 2 tbsp of liquid fish oil (...eww) but I'm going to start making more of an effort. It kinda taste like a mix of fish and Buckleys. You can imagine I'm not all that motivated to down that first thing in the morning.

Next week it's back to the grind. But I did receive good news - our club was picked up by SUGOI as a clothing sponsor. So we're getting uniforms and great deals on race gear. Next weekend we're going to check them out and get a preview before they get ordered. Woo hoo!!!

Well.. I'm off to enjoy my last afternoon of Biathlon World Cup before heading back to the city. Hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I did!

A birthday muffin from my volunteers :)
Hangin' out at the top of the Ski Jump

Trying out the Biathlon riffle

No comments:

Post a Comment