1. Growing up in Toronto, I was always proud to call it home. Now, Vancouver is 'home' and I don't see that ever changing.
2. Triathlon changed my life. It made me a better person because of all the lessons it has forced me to learn. The physical benefits have little to do with what drives me to continue pursuing it.
3. Passion is what drives me. I feel blessed to have passion in my life and feel that everyone should find a passion no matter what it is.
4. I'm a bookworm.
5. Some of the people I consider closest to me live the furthest away.
6. My mother is my hero.
7. Silence does not make me uncomfortable. In fact, I find I am able to connect best with people that I am able to share silence with. Being able to sit in silence and people watch, enjoy the scenery, read a book or just sit back and daydream with someone is incredibly powerful.
8. I’m quirky. I do not like to wear pants without wearing shoes. I do not like to wear outside clothes in the house, especially on or in my bed (I change into “house clothes/sweats” as soon as I come home).
9. Un-tidiness/messiness makes me anxious. It's a condition once described as "cleanie-tidy-up-ous". Organizing and tidying makes me feel calm.
10. I love mornings and will get up before the sunrise every chance I get, Consequently I go to bed early.
11. I secretly love having people in my life that know me almost as well as I know myself. But I’ll never admit it.
12. I recently learned to knit and have become very fond of it.
13. I am fiercely competitive but lack natural athletic ability. It's a very frustrating and vicious circle.
14. I have a very active imagination. Not to be confused with creativity, that gene was completely skipped, but I often daydream about the wildest, most outrageous things that I, for the most part, can’t explain. Most often these include daydreams of being a rockstar or something where I’m doing some kind of performance in front of a crowd – like salsa dancing or something.
15. I didn’t graduate from college. I failed an elective "Introduction to Psychology" in my final year because I misunderstood the exam instructions and thought that I didn’t’ have to come back on the second day and do the other half of the exam. Two years later I took a night class at George Brown (in Toronto) and got the final credits that I needed. That was in 2003 and I still have not had my transcripts mailed so that I can “officially” get my diploma.
16. I hate parades.
17. My favourite sound is rain in the morning, it's one of the only things that I will stay in bed for. I will listen to it as long as I can.
18. I LOVE coffee. It's sometimes the only reason I will get out of bed.
19. I can not do math in my head. I will do simple addition/subtraction using my fingers.
20. I rely on spell check to spell inconvenience 100% of the time I use it.
21. I don’t obsess over “coulda shoulda woulda”’s or “what if’s” or “had I only”’s. I believe that everything happens for a reason.
22. I believe in setting goals. I use New Years Resolutions as goal-setting in disguise.
23. I want to write a book.
24. Can't is my least favorite word. There are so many reasons why you "can" and all to often "can't" is used as an excuse.
25. I don't believe in 'love at first sight' but I do believe that you can know right away if this is someone that you COULD fall in love with. I take love to seriously and think that it runs to deep to think that it could happen so quickly.
26. I remember fondly the days when horses were my life and hope that someday I can bring them back into my life.
27. I never had a nickname that stuck.
28. I can't do a crossword to save my life.
29. I have constant anxiety about life being to short to get everything that I want done, done. I am all to aware that we only have one shot at life and I am constantly worried that I won't get it right.
30. I love nights in watching movies. I like going out to movies even better.
31. I love getting flowers.
32. I don't do winter sports.
33. I don't do winter.
34. I am a sigher. I love to sigh. A big huge SIGH feels sooo good. It's often misinterpreted by those that are around when I sigh. I promise, it's not because I'm bored.
35. I speak my mind.
36. I believe timing is everything. I'm trying to marry that belief with the speaking my mind thing...
37. I am a list maker. I love making "to do" lists. I think I make lists just for the satisfaction I get from checking things off of them.
38. I would love to make a living as a writer. A novelist.
39. I think that making yourself happy should come first and foremost in everyone life. Sometimes it could be selfish, but if you are not happy, you can not make anyone else happy.
40. I'm learning every year that the things I know for certain, are not for certain at all.
41. I can be extremely socially awkward at times.
42. If life were a movie, I would want to play the supporting role. I never want to be a leading lady, but I'd be one of those characters that makes the perfect side kick. The movie is never really about them, but wouldn't be the same if they weren't there.
43. I keep my life full. Sometimes to a fault. I keep myself busy until I get overwhelmed with everything I have on the go. Then I cut back on everything and in a few weeks get terribly bored and start taking on more projects.
44. I like to work.
45. I'm extremely self conscious.
46. I love to learn. I have learned so much about myself and have paid attention to the choices that I've made, the consequence of those choices and the series of events around those choices. The process fascinates me.
47. I have learned alot about fear and the way we are all restricted by it. How it can dictate our lives without even realizing it. My mother taught me how to overcome fears, one tiny little fear at a time. Now, I look for things I am afraid of create goals out of them.
48. I have moved 15 times in my life. Gone to 8 different schools and lived in 6 different cites.
49. I love change.
50. I want to learn to cook fabulous meals, have people over for dinner and have them all talk about how good my cooking is.