Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 4


I can't believe it's already Day 4 of the Games. It's hard to keep up with everything that's going on, so I'll have to just give you the Coles notes version.

Day 1: Brought the Opening Ceremonies, serious Olympic protest and the tragic death of Georgian Luger Nodar Kumaritashvili. Despite the shadow of mourning, Canada pulled off an incredible show.



Day 2: I was up at the Whistler Sliding Center saying hello to our team, a quick stop at the Nordic Center where the ski jumping was happening and back down to Vancouver to see the first heats of the Short Track qualifier. We couldn't stay long since we had to get up to Cypress to see Canada win the first medal - Silver in the womens' moguls.








Day 3: My sister and the boys arrive today! It's so much fun having them in the city. We're squished into my little apartment but nonetheless, it's so much fun.

Day 4: We're off to UBC to see the Canadian women take on the Swiss in hockey.

I'm trying to post pics as quickly as possible! Here are a few from around town.














1 comment:

  1. Damn I was going to buy a new Hummer in late 2012 and drive around the country for a vacation, Now I am going to have to shave my head and join the Hari.s, Muslims, Jews, Jehovah s, Mormons, Christians, and a few other wing nut groups just to cover all my bases.
    [url=http://2012earth.net/mayan_calendar_2012.html
    ]earth 2012
    [/url] - some truth about 2012

    ReplyDelete