Monday, February 8, 2010

Things are getting pretty ramped up in Vancouver with the Games only 5 days away! I can't believe they are finally here. I've been bouncing between Whistler and Vancouver a few times and have started keeping track of how many times I travel up and down the Sea to Sky highway. Let's see - since Saturday (and it's Monday) I've done the trip 2.5 times. Tomorrow will make it an even 3 round trips in 4 days.

It's certainly gotten busy, and the days are getting longer, but it's not all work and no play. On Saturday I had to do a run to deliver some goods to the team in the mountains, so Anthony (the bf) came along and we hung out in Whistler and did the Peak to Peak gondola ride from Whistler to Blackcomb. It was awesome!

I also have gotten to see some venues up close and personal. Below are a few pics of Pacific Coliseum where the Short Track and Figure Skating events will be. Thanks to one of the sport managers, I got a tour right down onto the ice (practically).





That's it for now. Not much else to report since training seems to be close to non-existant. I'm sure that will come back to haunt me in a month when I have more time, but for now, I'm trying to soak up all the Olympic experiences that I can. It really is an incredible thing to be a part of and I'm taking advantage of being so closely involved.

Wednesday night Anthony and I are going to the full dress rehearsal of the Opening Ceremonies. I'm so excited. After that - it's only 5 more sleeps to the real fun begins.

Here's me on top of the world on Blackcomb. What an amazing day.


No comments:

Post a Comment