Saturday, January 31, 2009

Officially Official Week

Wow what a week! This week was great - lots on the go of course, here's the run down:

Monday: Off (sweet, sweet Mondays)
Tuesday: GREAT swim (about 1400m), but missed my gym workout during the day
Wednesday: 45min spin with coach/club, felt great.
Thursday: Run with coach/club; 1km rectangle block, full out on the long side, easy recovery on the short sides - 30min continuous (10min warm up and cool down)
Friday: I missed both workouts today -BUT- that's because I went out skating at the Richmond Olympic Oval!
Saturday: Easy ride 1:10min

Today I took another step in completing yet another project I had on the go. I took a CPR and First Aid course today and with the completion of that course, I am now officially a Certified Personal Trainer!

I completed the Personal Training course late last year, but because of work commitments I didn't complete the exams until just last week. Becoming CPR certified was the final step! Yey me!

Also, yesterday I registered for my first Half Ironman! August 2, 2009 I'll be heading out to Calgary to race. I'm not sure if this will be my first one, or if I will try to do a Half Iron before then. There are a few I have my eye on a few others, but this is the first I've actually registered for. No turning back now!



The best part of racing in Calgary? My Mom will be there!! It was definately a factor in my choosing Calgary to race, I can't wait to have her at another one of my races!

The course made for a long day today, I was up and doing my ride before 6am! Thank God for indoor trainers - they make life SO easy! Now of course I'm pooped and will be going to bed uber early to that I have lots of energy for the swim/run tomorrow. I think we're doing time trials for the swim which means I'll be working hard than normal. Time to start wrapping things up for the night.

Happy training everyone!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment