Sunday, March 28, 2010

la nouvelle bicyclette

That's right, my big year this year offers the opportunity to upgrade from the Giant TCR that I've been riding for four years now. This week I found a great deal with my club and bought a 2008 Orbea Ora.
  • Full carbon monocoque construction
  • Truvativ Rouleur carbon crank arms
  • Ultegra components with Profile Time Trial bars & bar-end shifters
  • Brand new Mavic Aksium training wheels
I feel faster already. I took it for it's first spin outside on Friday and I can't wait to ride, and ride some'mor and keep on ridin'.... and when I'm done, I'll ride a little more. I heart my Orbea.



This week was my first full week back in training. If feels so good to be back I can't say it enough. I love training. I never feel better than I do right after a good hard workout. I got back into my training plan easy this week with just one workout a day. Next week, it's back full time with two - three workouts every day. Only 5 months to Ironman you know. I did time trials in the pool this morning and went out for my long run with the club afterwards. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt like hell, but I was really happy with the swim results, and I got in my longest run of the year so far. Can't complain about that. I got to come home, eat and crawl back into bed on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Life is good.

OH - I've got some really exciting news coming soon... I can't say what it is just yet... but stay tuned!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment