Wednesday, March 31, 2010

POWERED BY NOIE

So I have very exciting news today. My best friend Kierstie and I have decided to take part in this years Ride To Conquer Cancer as a way to both honour and remember my Mom together.

The Ride is a two-day epic cycling journey covering 262km's from Vancouver to Seattle June 19-20. This is an annual fundraising event benefitting the BC Cancer Foundation.

Our team, POWERED BY NOIE has committed to raising $5,000 for this worthy cause and this is where you, my friends, family and supporters come into play. We can't do this without you, so please check out our team page or my personal page and make a donation.

Check out this video from last years ride.



My favourite part of this video is the sign on the front lawn that reads "Survivor Lives Here. Thanks". Just another reminder that cancer is everywhere and not everyone is able to participate in something like this. But by participating we are impacting those that are still fighting. By being involved, we can bring hope and inspiration to those still struggling.

"Why do we ride?
Because our sweat is nothing compared to their tears.
Because our challenge is nothing compared to their fight.
Because we are all on one journey.
To conquer cancer."

We can do this. Please make a donation today. Click on the logo below to see my personal fundraising page.





No comments:

Post a Comment